Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Lord's Prayer


I cannot say OUR - if my religion has no room for others and their needs.

I cannot say FATHER - if I do not demonstrate this relationship in my daily living.

I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN - if all my interests and pursuits are In earthly things.

I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME - if I who am called by His name am not holy.

I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME - if I am unwilling to surrender my own sovereignty, and accept the righteous reign of God.

I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE - if I am resentful of God's will in my own daily life.

I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN - unless I am truly ready to give myself to His service, here and now.

I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD, - without expending honest effort for it, or if I ignore the genuine needs of my neighbour.

I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR SINS AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO SIN AGAINST US,- if I continue to hold a grudge against anyone at all.

I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION- if I deliberately choose to remain in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.

I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL - If I am not prepared to fight in the spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer.

I cannot say THINE IS THE KINGDOM - If I do not give the King the disciplined obedience of a loyal subject.

I cannot say THINE IS THE GLORY - If I am seeking my Personal glory first.

I cannot say FOREVER - If I am overly anxious about the affairs of today.

I cannot say AMEN - If I cannot honestly say :-"This is my prayer,- cost whatever it may!"

Author Unknown

No comments: