Thursday, November 22, 2007

Diary Of A Bible

If your Bible could write a diary of its usage, what would it say about your "devotional habits? Here is a sample of poor neglected bible.


January 15: "I've been resting quietly for a week. The first few nights after the first of the year my owner read me regularly, but now has forgotten me, I guess."

February 2: "Cleaned up. I was dusted today, along with other things, and put back in my place."

February 22: "My owner used me for a short time after dinner. Looked up a few references. Going to Sunday school tomorrow."

March 7: "Cleaned up. Dusted, and in my old place again. Have been down in the lower hall since my trip to Sunday school."

April 2: "Busy day. My owner led a Christian Endeavor meeting and had to look up references. He had an awful time finding me, although I was right there in my place all the time."

May 5: "In Grandma's lap. She is here on a visit. Today she let a tear drop on Colossians 2:5-7."

May 6: :In Grandma's lap again this afternoon. She spent most of her time on 1 Corinthians 13, and the last four verses of the fifteenth chapter."

May 7-9: "In Grandma's lap every afternoon now. It';s a comfortable spot. Sometimes she reads me, and sometimes she talks to me."

May 10: "Grandma's gone. Back in my old place again. She kissed me goodbye."

June 4: "Had a couple of four-leaf clovers stuck in me today."

July 1: "Packed in a suitcase with clothes and other things. Off on a vacation, I guess."

July 7: "Still in the suitcase."

July 10: "Still in the suitcase, although nearly everthing elser has been taken out."

July 15: "Home again and in my old place. Quite a long journey, although I don't see why I went, for I was never taken out of the suitcase."

August 1: "Rather stuffy and hot. Have two magazines, a novel and an jold hat on top of me. Wish thay would take them off."

September 10: "Cleaned up. Dusted and set right again."

September 22: "Used by Mary a few minutes today. She was writing a letter to a friend whose brother died and wanted an appropriate verse."

October 1: "Back in my old place agian. Not even dusted this week. I seem to be used only for emergencies. Wonder why they bother with me at all?"

Let this story encourage us to spend more time in the timeless truth of God's Holy Word!

2 comments:

krishna kashyap av said...

Very inspiring..
Thanks a lot for the post.
Work from home India

Mark said...

This is such a very true story (unfortunately) even in many Christian households. I originally came by looking for this story to share on my website's devotionals, then found all the other wonderful things you have here! You've done a fine job on the blog, and I'll be sending it on to others to come back to.

Mark Magill
Coos Bay, OR USA
www.wordforlife.com